In March 2104, British Petroleum pulled the plug on a proposed Cape Vincent, NY USA industrial wind turbine sacrifice zone.....

"Reports claim the decision to pull the plug on the project follow years of controversy in the community as the majority of residents were against the plan"....ENERGYLIVE NEWS , Feb. 28, 2014



Monday, February 20, 2012

Hear that? It is the wailing and gnashing teeth of citizens who do not want their homes crapped up by wind turbines.




Cellophane 
Mister cellophane 
Should have been my name !
Mister cellophane 
'cause you can look right through me 
Walk right by me 
And never know I'm there!




I almost missed it. I received a phone call last night asking me if I read what the Watertown Daily Times wrote about the Town of Cape Vincent being one of the five worse-run governments in the north country. 

Mr. Cellophane
I admitted to the caller that I do not read the Watertown Times very thoroughly, anymore. Especially what the Editors write. I guess I am in a bit of a snit because their editorial policy seems to avoid the real issues of industrial wind and the impacts it has had around the world on the people who are doomed to live with it, including thousands of Northern New York residents.

Every day, though, I do a "Times" search on Cape Vincent. But, even then, the headline "Listen! Hear that? Is it the wailing and gnashing teeth of government", did not catch my eye.

When I went back to search out what the caller was telling me, I had found that Bob Gorman, Managing Editor, presented a list of the five worse-run governments in the North Country. And on that list, he included my Town of Cape Vincent, NY.

Holy crap! How the hell did he come up with that?

Oh wait, I forgot!

The Town of Cape Vincent used to be one of the five worse run governments in the North Country. For many years it was rife with corrupt public officials who had signed industrial wind  leases and were being paid by Acciona Energia and British Petroleum. By signing those wind leases, those public officials made an agreement to do all they could to promote industrial wind and assist in the local siting process. And one of the things they did was refuse to answer any questions about what their turbines might do to the community.

This is how Gorman defends his conclusion  that the Town of Cape Vincent is one of the five worse North Country governments.

Now add those towns where wind turbines are being proposed. The result is this sobering trend: more and more public officials are telling Times reporters they feel “threatened” by the way in which citizens confront them with complaints

But, last fall, the Town of Cape Vincent was changed by the voters, the public officials with the wind lease conflicts of interest were thrown out and now the Town of Cape Vincent has one of the best run governments in the North County.

Bob Gorman is just a little behind in the good news about the Town of Cape Vincent government.